Automation for Plastics and Containers
The plastics & container industry is very dynamic with line changeovers every time product orders are filled (can be dozens a day) and accommodating end consumer needs for varying sizes in product selection.
This may seem like a complication when deciding to add robotics to your facility, but it is actually the perfect reason to look into automating bottle case packing, sorting, and palletizing. Robotics adds a high amount of reliability, flexibility, and even mobility to these applications.
Eliminating the manual process of picking and packing bottles
- improves worker safety by decreasing repetitive motion injuries.
- reduces cost by simplifying the process and changeovers.
- allows for the ability to better plan for product accumulation.
- increases quality -more consistent controls over packing of bottles.
- improves throughput and line speeds
- adds consistency to packing certain varieties of products.
- brings straightforward programming of new products.
- Automatically remove PET bottles from blow molding machines
- Descramble, invert, de-ionize, or perform other automated processes
- Automatically form, fill, seal cases with PET bottles and other plastic containers
- Palletize finished cases and trays of product
- Transport PET bottles and other containers from manufacturing to palletizing
From a competitive standpoint, using this robotic system has improved our technological image. It also has improved safety and ergonomics.
~Plant Manager for a Plastic Bottle Manufacturer
Plastics and Containers Case Study
Plastics manufacturer improves safety and ergonomics while increasing productivity with the Motion Controls Robotics “Robotic SUBTA”