The SmartCart Automatic Guided Cart (AGC) from Daifuku Webb is an industry leading product for cost-effective material delivery and take-away for your robotic palletizing/unitizing system, or other robotic work cells. SmartCart AGCs are quickly becoming a material handling necessity in developing efficiency and perfecting timing in automation processes. Are you familiar with the SmartCart AGC product line? Here are some of the things adding an AGC can do for you;
- Eliminate repetitive stress injuries
- Fully automate routine delivery tasks
- Make sure material is delivered on time, every time
- Work multiple shifts – with no shift premium and 100% attendance
- 6000+ hours mean time between failure (MTBF) on AGC systems, and 50,000 hours MTBF on the cart control unit (CCU), the control board that runs each AGC
Some of the industry applications where SmartCart AGCs are currently reducing costs and improving material delivery and assembly methods include;
- Car door assembly
- Finished car seat transportation
- Assembly of a compressor product for a leading company in the oil and gas industry (installed and presented by Motion Controls Robotics, Inc., shown in adjacent photo) Watch Video on Youtube
- Large sheet good handling
As a value-added reseller of SmartCarts, MCRI recently learned about some great add-ons to enhance your current AGCs or to think about adding when developing a new automation process.
AGC Trailers for SmartCarts
Topper Industrial has several four wheel steer trailers designed specifically for SmartCart AGCs. These trailers follow the path of the AGC very closely, and can be modified to suit very custom load requirements and special handling at the AGC pick and drop areas. One trick with these trailers is applying Rhino Lining to the trailer decks to reduce noise and improve friction on the deck surface.
AGCs are now able to be used on inclines (ramps). When developing the system, complete information about the ramp grade and length, and the AGC duty cycle and load weight will be needed to certify use of an AGC in any ramp application.
SmartCart Delivery of Parts to an Assembly Area
Tube and joint style frames like those from Trilogiq USA are growing in popularity in automotive assembly plant and Tier 1 component assembly plants, as well as other general manufacturing where material needs to be routinely delivered to an assembly area.
There is also exciting news for our Canadian customers as the SmartCart core products now have CSA approval.
The SmartCart AGC product line has benefitted for many years from wireless communications technology; the SAM upper-level control computer communicates continuously for AGC dispatching and traffic controls using wireless communications. Now wireless communications are being used for remote Input/Output (I/O) communications as well. Webb introduced Banner’s SureCross wireless I/O backbone to the VAR’s and several VARs have already taken advantage of its easy setup and advantages of not requiring hard wiring to remote locations for input from sensors and control of various devices.
Please contact us if you have any operations where operators are currently moving components or finished assemblies with pallet jacks, pushcarts, fork trucks, tow motors, or by hand. We can
- reduce your costs
- free up valuable labor for more demanding work
- improve material delivery reliability along with your bottom line