FANUC Robotics Integrators – a key differentiator for robotics users – Rather than trying to serve all of North America from its headquarters location in Auburn Hills, Michigan, or even through its regional offices located throughout the country, Fanuc Robotics America made the decision in its early days to serve the diverse North American industrial automation market through integrator partners. This decision, requiring a significant investment in time and resources for training and support, was a decision other robotic suppliers failed to make.
This difficult decision was instrumental in FANUC’s success in North America, and its leadership position in total robot sales and acceptance throughout the world. FANUC’s large number of integrators provides important benefits to robotics customers, and to FANUC. These benefits include;
- As robotic integrators develop expertise in specific areas and designers move along the design/development cost curve, customer costs are lowered
- Local robotic integrators provide local support and service that can be challenging to provide from a single, central factory location
- A wide variety of robotic integrators diversifies product and application feedback available to FANUC
- A wide variety of robotic integrators increases the creativity applied to solve specific customer needs
- A wide variety of robotic integrators leads to increased competition, which ultimately benefits FANUC’s customers
- Specialized robotic integrators can be more responsive and agile, providing personalized support for specific projects
Motion Controls Robotics Incorporated (MCRI) became one of the early exclusive FANUC integrators in 1996. Today, with hundreds of robot cells and robots installed, MCRI is a leading example of the value of FANUC’s successful strategy. MCRI’s customers benefit from specific expertise and experience that MCRI has gained in the areas of palletizing, case packing, pick and place, welding and material handling, and vision support for robotics.
Centrally located in the Midwest, MCRI has the ability to respond quickly with sales and service support across the eastern half of the United States, and has developed service support systems to take care of customers with robotic integrator requirements throughout North America.
MCRI customers benefit from lessons learned on repeat projects in areas of focused robotic applications. Numerous projects in large surface handling (insulation board, insulation products, flat panels, etc), food and empty container layer palletizing, case palletizing and case packing, press unloading, CNC machine loading and unloading, and many related areas of automated robotic material handling are areas where MCRI has installed hundreds of robots. This experience is used continuously by MCRI to improve the products and services we offer to our customers.
For support from a Motion Controls Robotics, Inc. Application Engineer on your next robotic work cell, contact us at 419.334.5886.